Will Sony still be developing new Alpha mount cameras a year from now?

Started Sep 12, 2013 | Polls thread
Caerolle
Senior MemberPosts: 1,757Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony would sooner drop the E mount.
In reply to havoc315, Sep 14, 2013

And this is exactly what Sony has said: E-mount is consumer line, and the higher-quality options will be in A-mount. Of course this is pure speculation on my part, but I would be surprised to see an update to the NEX-7, or to see an ILC-7000 or 9000. I left E-mount b/c of the lens selection and direction that Sony said they were taking with E-mount, mostly the lack of fast primes and telephoto primes, and a good macro lens. I didn't mind waiting, but it seemed to me Sony was saying those won't be coming.

And of course, every time someone brought up fast tele primes, or fast zooms, there would be loud protests that the NEX bodies were too small, that long/heavy lenses were missing the WHOLE REASON for E-mount. Of course, the ILC bodies may change that, I don't know. But I also know E-mount lenses are much more expensive that equivalent A-mount lenses, and at least for now, the selection is much better in A-mount.

Caerolle's gear list:Caerolle's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 IS USM Tamron SP 90mm F2.8 Di VC USD 1:1 Macro
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow