Amazon.com a rip off!!!

Started Sep 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
tinternaut
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,669Gear list
Like?
Re: I try to avoid Amazon
In reply to DavidH202, Sep 14, 2013

It's not easy;  I'm pretty locked into Kindle, for reading material, for example, but there's lots of reasons for a centrist (I hover between slightly left and slightly right) European to be a little wary of Amazon and its practices. In terms of prices, Amazon is rarely the best these days. And, they have some sharp practices. For example, when I bought my iPad Mini (competitor the excellent Fire HD), I first checked on Amazon, and Amazon displayed those marketplace resellers with the most absurd prices.

Ultimately, I bought my new iPad from the local Apple store.  The salesperson who managed the transaction seemed happy to be working there, and gave me lots of advice and helpful tips. Same for all of my recent photo stuff.  I'd rather buy from a bricks and mortar store, these days (or at least an independent, online retailer who is based in Britain, for tax purposes).

Of course, we can't all do that.  I've been been to Wichita and know what it's like.....

-- hide signature --
 tinternaut's gear list:tinternaut's gear list
Olympus E-510 Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Olympus E-30 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow