I own the 17mm 1.8, what's the next best lens you can't live without?

Started Aug 20, 2013 | Questions thread
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,974Gear list
Like?
Re: I own the 17mm 1.8, what's the next best lens you can't live without?
In reply to fr3d33, Sep 14, 2013

fr3d33 wrote:

75mm 1.8!!

M43 is renowned for it's PRIMES, I would stay away from zooms due to how well PRIMES shoot and how well they travel on vacations. Along with the 12mm 2, I own the 25mm 1.4, 45mm 1.8, and 75mm 1.8, plus the 'never used' kit zoom. My two lens combo is the 12mm and 75mm for walking around, and I would recommend the 75mm because it is viciously phenomenal (I have a blast opening up shots taken with it in Adobe Lightroom, only to think... hmm not much to fix here!).

It's very sharp and shoots beautifully. No need to believe me, just look at reviews. If it were me buying (and I'm a hobbyist), the 17mm paired with the 75mm would cover a lot of what I would want to shoot and would make the shooting experience really fun. I would enjoy the Canon as a workhorse and get big, heavy zooms for that, and have the complimenting m43 system there for fun and light travel. I will probably get the 17mm 1.8 eventually because I love the push/pull feature on my 12mm, but I'm pretty content with my current lineup right now. Have fun shopping!!

So do you compose with your feet primarily or do a fair amount of cropping in Lightroom after the fact. I often find myself in situations where the only way to get the composition I want it by use of my zoom.

I currently have a FZ200 with a 25mm to 600mm (35mm) zoom.

-- hide signature --

Florida

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow