Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
SirSeth
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,903Gear list
Like?
Re: How many GH3 owners considering OMD EM1
In reply to Mike Ronesia, 11 months ago

Mike Ronesia wrote:

Nikon D700 wrote:

For thoes of you that own the Panasonic GH3, I'm curious to know how many of you are considering purchasing the OMD EM1 and why?

There are a couple of reasons I would consider it. IQ is not one of them because they are both about the same and close enough for anyone that is more interested in taking pictures then comparing cameras. Video is also not an issue as I bought the GH3 because it was the best Stills M4/3's camera available when it came out. (This may be debatable for some, but for me the EM5 is not what I wanted for my type of photography.

Things I like about the EM1 that the GH3 doesn't have.

One touch WB (I'd use this all the time, I must have set WB 20 times last night)

Possibly better weather sealing (can't have too much of this where I live)

1/8000 (Really like this)

1/340 (Really like this)

IBIS (It's not important, but it is there)

Things that hold me back

Screen doesn't flip out and fold inwards

No built in flash

Oly menu system

Price ( Not that it's unreasonable, Just too much to justify the differences.)

Small battery

My take is, unless you have money to burn there is nothing worthy of changing for.

That or have 4/3rds lenses.

While I agree that changing from GH3 to E-M1 may not be compelling due the already solid package you've got, it's totally different for folks upgrading from something older.

Cheers,

Seth

-- hide signature --

Mark James
A.K.A. Mike Ronesia

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BIFNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow