ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fbx
fbx
Senior MemberPosts: 2,312
Like?
The winner is . . .
11 months ago

About ten days ago I post a question about which mirror less camera under $400 might be best for general snap shooting. Lots of interesting replies. Long story short, after trying the Nikon J2, Oly E-PL3 and E-PM2, Canon EOS M, and a couple others, I got the Canon and have grown to like it quite a lot. I like the feel of the camera in the hand, the heft of it, the ease of the touchscreen controls, the image quality when all goes right. The last contestant was the E-PM2, which I compared with the M on Dave Etchell's site, and thought the image quality of the E-PM2 was slightly but clearly better than the M. Trying to work with the PM2 after using the M for a week or so was torture. Very poor LCD, bad (small) fonts, poorly organized display (I thought, by comparison to the M), and a tinny feel to it overall. The yakking about the slow focus of the M is way overstated in most circumstances after the firmware update, and especially using single point focus, with face recog off and continuous focus off. So count me in with the guy who wrote the Why I Like the M post--I like it a lot, and it seems like a bargain at the current sale prices. Very happy with the purchase.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow