Hello, I'm coming into the D800 fold. My 1st full-frame DSLR! So excited!

Started Sep 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
huyzer
Senior MemberPosts: 2,749Gear list
Like?
GOT the camera!!!!! It arrived.
In reply to huyzer, Sep 14, 2013

Woooohooooo!  I got the camera.  Talk about UPS sticking to their word about "Delivery by the end of the day".  Their work hour ends at 7:00 p.m., and the guy was at my door at around 7:07 p.m.  Haha!

Sooo, I have a 2GB card that in the S5 Pro would give me 65 images (RAW+Fine Jpeg).  Well, I set the D800 to write the .NEF to the CF (2GB), and the Jpeg to the SD card.  My CF will only handle 23 pictures/.NEFs.  Haha!  I don't mind, because now I'm back in the film days mindset, and trying to make every image count.  There's a positive to that, but I also saw a negative.  I was photographing my great-niece that was visiting, and I was not decisive enough, as I was waiting for that perfect time/focus/composition.  She's almost 3 years old (2 more months till), and she didn't stick around for the shot. lol.

Having such huge files, and filling up 2GB so fast, I'm going to have to pace myself, as hard drives will fill up fast. :\
Now, it's time to look at the RAWs, and see how they are.  Also, I have to test the left focus point, and read up some more on what types of lens and aperture affects it the most.

Take care,
Huy

huyzer's gear list:huyzer's gear list
Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow