Started Sep 14, 2013 | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaaamnGina
New MemberPosts: 24
Like?
RX100 II Shots from Denver
Sep 14, 2013

I've only had the camera for a few days, but I wanted to share some photos and my initial thoughts.

What I like

• The image quality from this camera is fantastic. Working with the RAW files with Lightroom is very nice!
  • I love how the shadow areas are free from pattern noise. This aspect is better than my Canon 5D3. Wow!
  • I love having 20MP images from a point & shoot. It's great for detail and very nice for cropping.
  • When you're close enough to get a shallow depth of field, the bokeh is pretty smooth
  • Battery life is pretty good. I think all P&S cameras should last at least this long. I hated the battery life on my Canon S110... and S100... and S90.
  • Wifi is great. I love the ability to take shots with my phone. The lag is minimal.
  • I like how the Fn button can be assigned multiple functions. Makes up for not having a Custom menu like Canon cameras.

What I don't like

• The camera tries to shoot at 1/30th shutter speed in P and A modes. It's too slow for me. I wish I could set a minimum shutter speed.
  • No Auto ISO in manual mode
  • While 10 fps is great, it only lasts about 1 second. I wish there was an option to shoot at 5 or 7 fps to broaden the burst window.
  • Dang digital zoom in videos. Why can't this be disabled.
  • I wish you could customize the rear dial or the rear dial's down button.

If Sony could add either minimum shutter speed, Auto ISO in M mode, that would be awesome! But from what I'm reading, Sony is not kind with firmware updates.

Cropped about half the original image off

Used a B+W CPL on a magfilter

Shot through a dirty car windshield

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow