ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
schaaf
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Need Help Choosing Compact. RX100/XZ-2/S120/P7700
Sep 14, 2013

Hey Everyone.

I'm looking for some specific examples of people actually having used one or several of the cameras I'm looking at. I've been looking at them for a while, and have handled all of them with the exception of the s120 (obviously) and the XZ-2.

I'm aware of their vast differences and similarities, but wanted some real world use examples of the pros and cons you've all experienced shooting them.

The main usage is to snap pictures of my kids (1 year old boy/girl twins) around the house and out on our various adventures. I had a larger nikon DSLR, but it's just too bulky to carry around and set up to use for quick "spur of the moment" type things that frequently happen with small children.

Here are some things I like and don't like about each camera:

RX100

Pros: I like most things about this camera.

Cons: I wish it offered a touch screen. I'd like the ability to tap to focus/shoot. Price.

XZ-2

Pros: Most of the things I'm looking for in a camera. Wider lens. Faster lens.

Cons: Never actually seen one in person. Not sure about the menu system. Larger overall. Noise issues?

S120

Pros: Most of the things I'm looking for in a camera. Touch controls. Built in wifi.

Cons: Image quality not on par with the other cameras I'm looking at. Slower Lens.

P7700

Pros: Great image quality. Nice looks.

Cons: Slow operation compared to the rest of the group. No touch. No wifi. Slower lens.

Any one of these cameras stand out from a "taking pictures of kids in low light/indoors" stand point?

Thanks!

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow