How many GH3 owners considering OMD EM1

Started Sep 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
MPA1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,985Gear list
Like?
Re: How many GH3 owners considering OMD EM1
In reply to Bob Meyer, Sep 14, 2013

Bob Meyer wrote:

Interesting. I'm not a pro, but I shoot quite a bit, and the only times I've accidentally pressed buttons is when I pressed the button on purpose, but hit the wrong one because I'm still learning the camera, and what functions I've assigned to what button. I don't think I've ever hit a button completely by accident on this camera. I used to do it all the time on the GH2.

And, of course, until you get your hands on an EM-1 you don't really know if it will be better or worse than the GH3 in this respect.

Indeed but since it has LESS buttons, one can surmise that it is likely to have less of an issue.

I have big hands and the buttons on the GH3 are easily pressed - the Disp button for example is often pressed under the base of my right thumb entirely by accident. Ditto the wheel and the menu/set button which is where my hand wants to be!

Fn2 and Fn3 are also often inadvertently under my thumb. Good if I want to use them. Not so much if I don't!

It would be less of a problem if I could initiate a two button press lock, but I can't.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BIFNew
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow