Flash recommendations for a new D2x user.

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Nikonfitsmebest
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Flash recommendations for a new D2x user.
11 months ago

Hello. My previous rig was a D80 with a pop up flash, but now I have a new to me D2x and I don't know the first thing about add on flashes other than what I've read and it's pretty confusing since I have no experience to even know what it is I want to have in a flash.

Money is no object, not that I'm rich, but I'm wiling to spend what ever I need to in order to have a device that I can utilize and learn about and will do anything that I might need it to do in the foreseeable future. I bought the D2x for the form factor and the ease of access (it has lots of buttons easily accessible). I would have bought a D3s or D4 if money was truly no object, but a D2x fit my bill nicely for a great price point. I have no interest in having a small camera, and a battery add on was how I used my D80 from day one. I wanted the body to be big and the vertical grip to be integrated. So now that that is out of the way, what flash am I looking for?

I am purely a hobbyist and a camera is more of a documentary thing for me than anything, but I like to be creative as well. Please give me some constructive input.

I want to learn about flash photography and enjoy my toy.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow