Its official. Oly AF sucks!

Started Sep 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
BigBen08
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,506
Like?
Re: It's what I expected.
In reply to Danielvr, Sep 13, 2013

Danielvr wrote:

For myself I wanted a body I can hang my 12-60 on and shoot in low light venues (museums for example, where flash is not allowed, and indoor car shows, where lighting is often subdued). So I was disappointed when I read dpr's review of the camera's AF performance.

I wouldn't worry too much about AF speed if you're shooting static objects. Even if it should be a tad slower than the E-5 in those circumstances (which I doubt), it should work just fine. But then, with the live view features (magnified focus area, real DOF preview, tilt screen) that the E-M1 offers I doubt if you'd even want to use the camera like a conventional SLR. Furthermore it has other qualities such as a dedicated 1-touch WB button, excellent high ISO, powerful IBIS, no AA-filter, etc, that i.m.o. make it an ideal camera for your kind of shooting. The 11-22mm might be a better choice of lens though because of its much lower distortion (important when shooting framed artworks - I love my 12-60mm too, but I don't use it for such purposes).

Thanks for the comments. It's too early for me to write the E-M1 off so soon. I'll wait for some user reviews. Excellent high ISO and powerful IBIS would be ideal for low light shooting.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow