G1X Price

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Everhandy
Regular MemberPosts: 223
Like?
Re: Isn't it $599?
In reply to Omar047, 10 months ago

Omar047 wrote:

I appreciate everyone's post here, even the back and forth between some have helped. Believe it or not, price is not really the total call here. I will save hundreds of dollars by selling my D300S and 24-70 2.8 Nikon lens but I have always been one to compare price with quality.

I mean, I'll pay more if I believe the quality is there. I sold my Nikon 70-200 2.8 lens for almost the same amount I paid for it and likewise with my Nikon 24-70 2.8.

I'm just too particular about the IQ of this new camera. Once out in Montana and Wyoming I took 1800 pictures and enlarged only 5 to 11x16 for our home. Some may say, "are you that bad".

Most of my photo shooting is scenery, non-moving items, outdoors, I used to shoot some Macro with a Sigma 105mm 2.8 with great boken, "Not sure of spelling"

I believe that's why I'm having some problems because I like fast lenses like the G15 1.8 but on the other hand the feedback on the IQ of the G1X seems very good.

I can't really get my hands on them due to the local stores here don't have these two cameras.

To end my comments, it's not that big of a problem when I weight out all the real problems people are having in the world.

Again!!!, I really appreciate all the feedback and it does help to see pictures of others.

I think for the money, the G1-X is a good value based on my experience with it.
I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one.

Here's a little low light sample:

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow