ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
machtinz
Junior MemberPosts: 42Gear list
Like?
weight advantage of m43 against other systems
10 months ago

Hi all,

I want to decide which system I will invest into in the future and therefore need your help, especially of those of you who are familar with other systems as well as m43.

I currently own an Oly E-620 with double zoom kit. When I bought it a few years ago, I wanted the kit as starting point, willingly to invest in further lenses. But Oly decided otherwise, so I hesitated from investing into 43 anymore. But now, the time has almost come where I want to build a more serious kit, but i'm unsure about which system to choose.

As you can imagine from my post here, mft is one of my options, the others are Nikon/Canon FF. I know FF would mean a bigger camera and bigger lenses, but my problem is: I'm struggling in getting the right equivalent lenses to compare the absolute values.

If I would choose m43, I would most probably go for the em5 or perhaps em1, the new 12-40, 45, 17/1.8 for my starter kit, maybe extending it in the future with the pre announced 40-150/2.8 for example.

Now my question: Can anyone tell me some equivalent lenses in the CaNikon lineup (can be 3rd party as well), so I can compare the absolute weight of such kits?

Thank you in advance for any hints!

machtinz's gear list:machtinz's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Eh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow