Oh My!...Rockwell's Review on the 70D Locked

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
JackM
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,276Gear list
Rockwell's Target Audience
In reply to mailman88, 7 months ago

...seems to be the casual amateur, the soccer mom or dad, the newbie, the practical, the non-technical, the value conscious, or some combination of all.

If you enjoy pixel peeping, comparing lens/sensor test charts, and spending serious money to get that last 5% of performance, his site is probably not for you. If he were reviewing audio equipment, it would be for people who want to have music in their house for a cocktail party or while doing chores. It would not be for people who get a glass of wine, turn the lights down, sit in the perfect spot, and listen critically to their hi fi system.

He does make a good point though, that it is more important to focus on realistic, aesthetic results and image content from the perspective of actually printing/displaying and enjoying whole photos, than it is to pixel peep and worry about technical performance at 100% view on a computer screen.

This is an underlying theme throughout his whole site and for that I applaud him.

That said, I cannot wait for his kids to get older and start playing field sports. He is going to change his tune big time.

JackM's gear list:JackM's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS USM +5 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow