Oh My!...Rockwell's Review on the 70D Locked

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
JackM
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,443Gear list
Rockwell's Target Audience
In reply to mailman88, 10 months ago

...seems to be the casual amateur, the soccer mom or dad, the newbie, the practical, the non-technical, the value conscious, or some combination of all.

If you enjoy pixel peeping, comparing lens/sensor test charts, and spending serious money to get that last 5% of performance, his site is probably not for you. If he were reviewing audio equipment, it would be for people who want to have music in their house for a cocktail party or while doing chores. It would not be for people who get a glass of wine, turn the lights down, sit in the perfect spot, and listen critically to their hi fi system.

He does make a good point though, that it is more important to focus on realistic, aesthetic results and image content from the perspective of actually printing/displaying and enjoying whole photos, than it is to pixel peep and worry about technical performance at 100% view on a computer screen.

This is an underlying theme throughout his whole site and for that I applaud him.

That said, I cannot wait for his kids to get older and start playing field sports. He is going to change his tune big time.

JackM's gear list:JackM's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X100S Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM +6 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow