Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marla2008
Senior MemberPosts: 2,295
Like?
LA-EA2 : why isn't it more promoted ?!?
7 months ago

I've been a dedicated NEX shooter for over a year, but coming from high end DSLR bodies I always complained about the AF speed. I did know about the LA-EA2 but was reluctant to buy it due to high retail price and bulk as perceived on pictures.
Well, I finally broke in (upon learning there is no immediate 7 replacement with much improved AF and the Zeiss zoom is only F4) and bought one used, at a very fair price.

The ONLY regret I have now is not to have done it much earlier !! I now have DSLR AF performance on my NEX 7, and the ability to use any quality A mount lens that I fancy. That's amazing ! I won't need anyting else for months, possibly years, Sony can keep their NEX FF and eventual NEX 7 successor and 1000€ F4 Zeiss zoom, lol.

If like me you love your NEX but occasionally need better AF performance, do yourself a favor and get the LA-EA2. It's smaller than I initially thought, well put together, and works flawlessly. I wish I'd been advised to buy one before !

-- hide signature --
Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow