Oh My!...Rockwell's Review on the 70D Locked

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
unknown member
(unknown member)
Don't give his site any more traffic...great quotes here.
In reply to mailman88, 10 months ago

mailman88 wrote:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/70d.htm

I love his hype and exuberance....My Canon 70D's video autofocus is the best yet from a DSLR. No, it's nowhere near as fast as it is for SLR still shots, but as video goes, it's the first I've used that does a decent job of tracking reasonable motion.

I wish someone would copy and paste the text here so we wouldn't have to give his website any traffic in order to confirm, once again, that his ramblings are based on pure insanity.

Oh, I guess I could.....

"When I pick up the 70D, it feels and shoots just like my $3,500 5D Mark III, and the photos look the same for all practical purposes — and the 70D is much smaller and lighter, and only a fraction of the price."

"The only benefits to me of my older 5D Mark III (it came out in 2012) are that my 5D Mark III has an automatic brightness control for the rear LCD, a second card slot and three "C" camera presets. The 5D Mark III has a larger image sensor than the 70D, which means you have to use much bigger, heavier and more expensive lenses to take the same pictures. Some people prefer to carry bigger lenses, but in 2013, the only real reason to use the "full-frame" 5D Mark III is if you want narrower depth of field and a larger viewfinder. Not only is the 70D smaller and lighter, it adds a built-in flash, sorely lacking on the 5D Mark III."

"The 70D has limited Wi-Fi ability to talk to a Canon app in your iPhone. This is fun because you now can get photos from your 70D into your iPhone to email them or whatever, but it's even easier just to shoot with your iPhone in the first place."

I'll have to take a break before reading more pure insanity.

howardroark's gear list:howardroark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow