Olympus Pen F 40mm 1.4 comments

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Habs Fan27
Regular MemberPosts: 327
Like?
Re: Olympus Pen F 40mm 1.4 comments
In reply to zink, 11 months ago

I think it's an older one from the picture I saw.  It's a view from the bottom and I can only see the start of the flat part where the scale starts and it looks like pretty much half the ring has the textured lines for grip.  I don't see how there could be room for 2 scales if they are 180 deg apart.  I'll be having a look at it tomorrow and deciding to buy or not.

So other than the 2 different scales, are there any other differences between the F and FT version?  You said your FT version is sharper.  You think it's the coating or sample variation?  I guess I'll make sure to really check sharpness wide open.

Thanks again!

zink wrote:

Habs Fan27 wrote:

By FT scale, you mean the scale that has numbers from 1 to 6? instead of aperture values?

Yes, that is what I mean. Before the Pen-FT was introduced, there was only the f/1.4 to f/16 scale on the aperture ring. The FT version of the 40/1.4 has also the FT scale from 0 to 6 on the other side of the aperture ring. You can pull the ring forward and twist the scale.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
OMG!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow