Action shots for 4/3 camera

Started Nov 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
mpgxsvcd
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,613Gear list
Like?
Re: your better off sticking with a DSLR for Sports, keep your A57 SLT
In reply to 007peter, 7 months ago

007peter wrote:

While it is possible to take Sports Photo with any mirrorless camera, for the most part it will be a FRUSTRATING EXPERIENCE

The best sports-capable m43 are either (1) Olympus e-m5 or (2) Panasonic GH2/GH3.

They do a respectable job. But if you are serious about shooting sports, a DSLR with Optical Viewfinder is the way to go. There is no EVF lag to worry about. You capture exactly what you see through the optical viewfinder. No lag, no Delay, just shoot like a machine gun.

I own both m43 and sony NEX, but for action shoot, I'll use my canon dslr.

The fact that you group the GH2 and GH3 together for action shots shows that you don’t believe there is a significant difference between them for sports shots. I have both and rest assured the GH3 has significantly better AFC, the GH3 burst buffer clearing is much much faster, and the GH3 has much more consistent Auto White Balance.

All of those things are critical for burst shots of high action scenes. The GH3 is the only m4/3s camera I have encountered that was EXCELLENT for action stills when used with the 35-100mm F2.8 lens.

mpgxsvcd's gear list:mpgxsvcd's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow