The Advantages of DR400 vs DR200 vs DR100 - High Contrast Scene

Started Sep 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
alexisgreat
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,743Gear list
Like?
Re: Using Auto DR400 - What Triggers DR200 and DR400?
In reply to Trevor G, Sep 13, 2013

Thanks, from the way you reworded your original statement, I take it you amended it for the F/HS series which still take two different exposures for M size DR 400 ISO 400, but as soon as ISO goes over 400 they switch over to software DR enhancement?

Also, I wonder if AUTO DR 400 works the same way at M size (where ISO does not change to increase DR)..... in my tests with my camera I have found that AUTO DR needs rather extreme conditions to raise DR and so I keep my camera to DR 400 all the time.  Maybe that's because I use spot metering?  Another side effect I have found in my camera of using AUTO DR is that it raises ISO even at M size- except it wasn't raising it to 400- it was raising it to 1600! and this was in full sunshine! Maybe Fuji changed its implementation of Auto DR and fixed it, but I've always avoided that setting.

-- hide signature --

http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

alexisgreat's gear list:alexisgreat's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow