Goodbye to XZ-1

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Everhandy
Regular MemberPosts: 223
Like?
Re: Goodbye to XZ-1
In reply to joe6pack, 7 months ago

joe6pack wrote:

While RX100 is a very capable and a smaller camera, it still cannot compete with the XZ-1 for its bokeh effect. RX100 also lacks an ND filter. This is the main reason that I decided against getting RX100, at least for its current price.

Granted, RX100 is not a bokeh superstar. Keep in mind it has a sensor twice as large as the XZ-1 so at the wide end, the bokeh is much better. For portraits at mid tele lengths with bright light, I would recommend a DSLR with a portrait lens above both the XZ-1 and RX100 anyway. Not that the RX100 is horrible, btw.

In two years of shooting with the XZ-1 and other compacts, I've maybe used the ND filter once.
I am assuming there is a good reason they didn't put that feature into the RX100. Maybe it is a little used feature and maybe it degrades image quality, I don't know for sure but, I don't miss it. In any case, the images are so darn good from the RX100, it's minor foibles are irrelevant.

If you have the means, try one out.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow