Rodger1943
Senior MemberPosts: 4,358Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ200 intelligent zoom
In reply to Ronomy, Sep 13, 2013

Ronomy wrote:

Rodger1943 wrote:

Ronomy wrote:

Well they both interpolate. Izoom uses ires where digital zoom does not. Sometime I don't see the effects of ires yet other times i do. Ires processing changes with each image.

I had originally thought digital zoom was a simple crop until it was pointed out to me a couple months back that it also interpolates back to 12MP. So other than adding ires processing I don't see how IZoom is any different from digial zoom. I guess your image proves that.

Thanks Ron. I ran the same test with the FZ150, (when I had it) and got a similar result. I have also compared these shots to just enlarging the 24x image and they all look the same. In practice, I tend to have the camera set at 8mp which allows me to zoom a bit closer (29.4x) and that helps me see that my subject (usualy a small bird) is in focus.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

So do you shoot in 8mp all the time now? When I shoot greater than 24x zoom now using izoom I turn on RAW and process the raw image if I don't like the jpg.

Hi Ron, yes I tend to use the 8mp size all the time now, as I did when I had the FZ150. I find it that as well as giving me some extra zoom, there is no noticeable loss of image quality.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow