What happens to the Lumix 14-42mm Powerzoom?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DouglasG
Regular MemberPosts: 230Gear list
Like?
What happens to the Lumix 14-42mm Powerzoom?
11 months ago

Why Panasonic, leave this lens behind?, why is not offered as kit anymore on G6/GX7? why no a upgraded versions? the idea of a kit zoom small like this one is very convenient, i thinking to buy one for my OM-D mostly as normal zoom to take with me for family photos, street photography, mainly to carry on all the time paired with the Lumix 25mm f1.4(my favorite lens) when have lowlight situation, this two small lenses will make my day.

I own the Olympus 14-54mm(too big) and the Lumix 12-35mm(too expensive) but the main use of those lens is for payed jobs, aren't too convenient to take for everyday use, at least not here in Venezuela.

I already read some reviews of the PowerZoom, and without been a stellar lens is very good, this is a good review that basically used the lens for what i want to:

http://blog.mingthein.com/2013/06/14/lens-review-panasonic-14-42-3-5-5-6-x-g/

Let me know what are you toughs about this lens.

Greetings.

-- hide signature --

www.cajitacreativa.com
Sony Nex 5n | Olympus OM-D | Lumix GH3
Canon FD Lenses | Lumix Lenses | Olympus Lenses

DouglasG's gear list:DouglasG's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +2 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow