Its official. Oly AF sucks!

Started Sep 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
bofo777
Contributing MemberPosts: 588Gear list
Like?
Re: It's what I expected.
In reply to Stacey_K, Sep 13, 2013

Stacey_K wrote:

Sorry, I've gotten spoiled by the CAF from my nikons. For people that are happy with an E3-E5 AF, this might be a good upgrade IQ wise. Maybe in the future they will get the CAF on par with canikon, but it doesn't look like it's there yet.

I just hope when this comes out it will drive the prices up on 4/3 glass a bit so I can sell my 50-200 and 11-22. I'll probably hang onto my E1 and 14-54 just because. The other bodies got sold or given to friends a long time ago.

And to the people who ask why some of us who switched still look here? I hoping this body -would- be as good as other dSLRs in CAF. Now that I see that's not going to happen, I have no real reason to watch this forum.

-- hide signature --

Stacey

Thank goodness Not all photography is dictated by CAF.. ...when I am doing my wedding photography I am not tracking the bride as she sprints to the reception hall...the new EM-1 is revolutionary camera that will dazzle my clients even more with my wonderful 14-35 2.0 and 35-100 2.0 lenses.......Especially now I would never move to another product when Olympus has opened the door for an exciting future with those great HG, SHG lenses and the present and future M4/3 lenses...and if I want to shoot an occasional bird in flight I will manage that just fine...... Thank you very much.....John

bofo777's gear list:bofo777's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow