Started Sep 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
PC Wheeler
Forum ProPosts: 13,886Gear list
Like?
Re: Reason for FZ250
In reply to Clint009, Sep 13, 2013

Clint009 wrote:

Clint009 wrote:

Two weeks ago I went to by a Lumix, I try the new FZ70 and as well the Canon and Sony model all of them with a 1200mm lens.

Finally, I've bought the FZ200 because I found out that I don't need the 1200mm for my own need. I don't want to carry a tripod all the time if I want a steady shot with the FZ70.

But none of FZ200 left nowhere in my area (10 stores). I had a good deal with my purchase of the demo FZ200.

Could be Panasonic have no interest to put a new model (FZ250) because if the sales are that good and out of stocks.

I ordered my FZ200 from Amazon a week or so ago and it shipped right away. The next day there was a 2-4 week wait at that price (others had it at >$100 more than I paid). I don't know if Panasonic has a slow production strategy, to keep prices up, or if they are no longer making FZ200s.

I think the former: I had to wait 3-4 weeks for my GH3, and I hear that deliveries of the latest Panny m4/3 camera (GX7) has been delayed, too (though that may be only the kit version).

But I'd not bet money on there ever being an FZ200 successor with f/2.8 lens, articulated LCD, etc. Wouldn't bet against it, either

-- hide signature --

Phil

PC Wheeler's gear list:PC Wheeler's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot G15 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow