Lumix 1, FZ250 0.

Started Sep 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
Vandyu
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,973Gear list
Like?
Re: Reason for FZ250
In reply to utomo99, Sep 13, 2013

utomo99 wrote:

Maybe Panasonic did not have good reason to upgrade ?

Lets give them some reason.

1. + Eye sensor

2. Better/ Larger EVF

3. Add WiFi

And also try to use new sensor technology for lower noise on high iso

I think it's obvious now that Panasonic, like most major corporations, has no allegiance to its most devoted customer base. It really doesn't matter what we want. Like patriarchs, the corporate heads will decide what we "need" and what we will buy, and buy in sufficient numbers to maintain their personal and business lifestyles. We, the customer, have no voice with Panasonic. Rarely do customers have sway. Coca Cola was persuaded to return to producing Classic Coke after what appeared to be an international rebellion. But, this is rare. The only way that I can see Panasonic's designing and manufacturing an upgrade to the FZ200 is if Nikon, Canon, or Sony produces a model that is greatly superior to the rather "average" models that they now offer and it vastly outsells the current FZ. Panasonic has joined the ranks of the "ho hum". Afterall, why offer a superior product if people are willing to buy cheaper, more "basic" models than the "exceptional" ones. It is a fact--Panasonic is not Leica!

-- hide signature --

"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think." (A.A. Milne)

Vandyu's gear list:Vandyu's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150 Nikon D80 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow