Started Sep 13, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Everhandy
Regular MemberPosts: 223
Like?
Goodbye to XZ-1
Sep 13, 2013

First let me say, I have really enjoyed the XZ-1 since I bought it when it was introduced and it has served me well with some great pictures. I still hold the camera in high regard but now I must part with it.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up a Sony RX100 and it's been kept in the holster pretty much except for some video work. But today, I took it out, along with the XZ-1 and did a few comparison shots. All I have to say is, wow. The RX100 is so strikingly superior to the XZ-1 in every way that I can no longer carry the XZ-1 knowing I will be seriously compromising in image quality as a result. In addition, the RX100 is that much smaller and I am able to actually stick it in a pocket, something that is difficult with the XZ-1. As far as video goes, well there is no comparison. the RX100 is light years better in video than the XZ-1.

So that's my last Oly to go (just sold the E-PL5) and probably won't be looking for another unless they can come up with an RX100 contender.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow