FZ200 / LX7 scene mode "Through glass"

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
PC Wheeler
Forum ProPosts: 13,582Gear list
Like?
Re: "Through glass" WITH CARE!
In reply to Erik Ohlson, 10 months ago

Erik Ohlson wrote:

I would agree, I'd "guess" it's focusing on infinity & so should just be lumped in with Landscape mode.

None of the EXIF programs I have show what "mode" was used - particularly annoying when you have shot some "HDR" or "Night Shot" pictures & would like to be sure which they are.

I don't use the Panasonic software because my computers are Macs and I prefer Photoshop for RAW. I wonder if the Panny software provides mode info? I know EXIF Viewer does not.

In most cases, it's easy enough to simply hold the lens closer to the glass than the closest Macro distance - but, with care: taking pictures as my plane maneuvered over the Channel Islands while approaching Los Angeles airport, turbulence whacked my ZS19 lens into the window and the lens has refused to come out since: "Zoom Error"

So, I had to buy a new camera

I'm very sorry to hear that, Erik. I think I had that happen once or twice but without ill effect.

-- hide signature --

Phil

PC Wheeler's gear list:PC Wheeler's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow