Its official. Oly AF sucks!

Started Sep 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dan
Dan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,249Gear list
Like?
Re: Its official. Oly AF sucks!
In reply to windsprite, Sep 13, 2013

Hi Julie...yeah I will have to try that in the morning sometime.  All my testing was with static objects since I have really no doubt the D3 and any lens would outperform a 4/3rds camera in C-AF...lots have been learned over the years.  Was odd to hear of Louis's issues with his two D3's though.

I definitely recall the E3 with the 50-200SWD going both ways...by that I mean going extreme close range and also all the way to the end of the soccer field...well actually past it(!) ie infinity focus.  Even with the camera set up not to take a shot unless it thought something was in focus I'd get images that had nothing in focus.

Unfortunately I haven't shot any soccer with this E3 and 50-200SWD...I think it might actually do pretty well in S-AF...though my finger might get tired!

With small "complex" targets it struggles...I may try to shoot some eagles this Winter or "slower" birds this weekend.  Who knows the Oly color is definitely still there.

Dan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow