Thoughts from a K5 owner - thumbs up if you agree.

Started Sep 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PhotoHawk
Contributing MemberPosts: 672
Like?
Thoughts from a K5 owner - thumbs up if you agree.
Sep 12, 2013

I have had the K5 since the spring of 2011. I have shot many photos with the camera and I have to say it impresses me each time I use it.

Now I don't claim to be a good photographer. However some of my photos I've mounted and now hang in my office. I have sold a few. But its strictly a hobby.

As an engineer I am drawn to good designs and their execution.  I admit I do like some of the things that Olympus has done (a little less so on the u4/3rds line).  I do, however quite, like the K5.

There are a number of things in life that you regret when you but them or come to regret the purchase over time.  Frankly the K5 is not one of those items.  Instead its the opposite.  I'm more impressed with it the more I use it.

To those that read this and are wavering between Pentax and some other make, as an owner of more than one make of camera, I have to say that the K5 is truly a fine machine with a soul.

After a year and a half it still gives a thrill to take it out, hold it and use it.

I think that most K5 owners out there would agree; really doesn't it just feel good to hold and snap the shutter?  The results are worth it and the experience is a joy.

-- hide signature --

To understand recursion you must first understand recursion.

Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow