Its official. Oly AF sucks!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ROC124
Contributing MemberPosts: 773Gear list
Like?
Dear Olympus: Yes, Please.
In reply to eaa, 10 months ago

eaa wrote:

My experience is that especially the bigger SHGs focuses not only faster, but also more precisely w/ the HLD-4 on the E-5, due to more juice from the batteries. But sadly it seems as the HLD-7 is configured differently, as it (allegedly) uses just one battery at a time. For use w/ the bigger SHGs, there should be a m4/3 HLD-8, holding 2 batteries in parallell, in addition to the one in the body. That would provide enough juice, as well as longer battery life.
-- hide signature --

I agree with Erik. Olympus, you have done much with the EM-1 to satisfy 4/3 users, so you know those of us wanting to continue using relatively big, heavy lenses won't be offended by slightly bigger, heavier accessories that maximize 4/3 lens utility.

Please! Give us an HLD-8 holding two batteries in addition to the one in the body. I would prefer the two in the grip to be the bigger BLM-5 batteries.

While you are at it, Olympus, please be sure to align the tripod socket with the lens axis.

Do those things, and give me 5 or 6 EV of bracketing, and a fully articulated LCD in the next model, plus a 100mm Macro, and I will happily switch to the EM-1(n). In lieu of a new model with articulated LCD, give me an accessory vari-angle EVF that also rotates. Yes, I know a smartphone might substitute for the articulated EVF, but I don't want another thing to hold while operating the camera.

Come on Olympus! You are so close now.

-- hide signature --
 ROC124's gear list:ROC124's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow