Its official. Oly AF sucks!

Started Sep 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Raist3d
Forum ProPosts: 33,353Gear list
Like?
Re: Right, .. it's bacause ..
In reply to Louis_Dobson, Sep 12, 2013

Louis_Dobson wrote:

Absolutely delighted with the resolution from the D800, why?
I only had the E3 as a primary camera for a few months, after that Eva swiped it, and I got the D3. The original idea was that we would share both systems, but Eva used the D3 once and refused to use it ever again Hence, from there on in, most of my work was done on the D3 and that's what I posted to DPR.

I do think Sergey has a point though. If you disliked the D3 so much and you were so delighted with the E3, I think the most basic logic would dictate you would sell it (given it's even the pricier model) and get an E-3.

The E-3 was the jarring model that started to cause the Olympus base 4/3rds divide.  It did some things well and some things bad.  You always said the ergonomics were superb- look at the evolution into the EM1- the EM1 is ergonomically/interface wise better in every way, and they got rid of the stupid electronic switching of modes with no mechanical feedback.  About time- it was just horrible.

Compare to your ability to know without turning on your EM5 what mode it's in. You can still full state change the EM1 if going by what you can do on the PEn5 is anything to go by.

Of course the E-3 had serious focus issues which apparently you were blessed with one of the very few models with no issues, though your main subjects were non moving landscapes.  And the horrible banding at higher ISO the camera could get was not much of an issue to you because you never really did street night life (emphasis on life).

Anyway, I think we can both we glad there's finally a superior product out in every way

These days the D3 has gone in favour of an OM-D, with which I've been having great fun, but i no longer have the time for photography I used to

-- hide signature --

www.flickr.com/photos/acam
http://thegentlemansnapper.blogspot.com

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow