Thank you DPR .

Started Sep 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Forum ProPosts: 12,724Gear list
Thanks Toxic P.
In reply to ptox, Sep 12, 2013

ptox wrote:

Having gone back and spent some more time with an Olympus E-5, I'm inclined to be more positive about the E-M1's behaviour with Four Thirds lenses - not because it's better than I originally stated, but because the E-5 isn't as good as I'd previously thought. Consequently, E-5 users expectations are probably lower than I originally believed. It's also easy to under-appreciate the camera's performance with Four Thirds lenses because it's sofast when using Micro Four Thirds lenses.

However, side-by-side use suggests that, while the E-M1 focuses at a similar speed to the E-5 in good light, it is more prone to occasionally slowing down and juddering the lens into focus than the E-5. This behaviour is particularly apparent when switching focus from distant to near objects or when shooting in moderate-to-good lighting levels (inside a well-lit office with large windows).

With one caveat, anyway.

Now: how about a nice glass of warm milk before bedtime? There there...

Howzit Toxic P . Been waiting for the tit for tat. Well if I have a glass of milk it would be with a good shoot of scotch . I might even have 2.

Thank you fro your sage advice.

-- hide signature --

(Aficionado Olympus DSLR )
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. (George Carlin)
New Seventh Wonder of the World.

CollBaxter's gear list:CollBaxter's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Olympus E-500 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-5 +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow