Its official. Oly AF sucks!

Started Sep 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dan
Dan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,248Gear list
Like?
Re: Its official. Oly AF sucks!
In reply to Louis_Dobson, Sep 12, 2013

Hey I've got both these cameras right now so maybe tomorrow afternoon or morning I'll do a little shoot off.

E-3 I got 50-200 SWD and 50 macro...I won't be using the 50 macro...it's a great little lens but NOT super fast focusing.

D-3 well a pretty large slew of Nikon primes but only a couple AFS lens...the 50f1.4 and a 300f4 AFS...so it'll be the E-3 with 50-200 SWD at around 150 vs the D3 and 300f4 AFS.

I'll be honest this D3's C-AF convinced me to sell every bit of Olympus gear I had at the time...though I really like Oly gear and pick up bits and pieces as I see nice opportunities.  Heck it's C-AF is so good I just leave it in C-AF all the time.

Too bad I don't have a 12-60...somehow that lens and the E-3 I had at the time could focus in near darkness...never quite understood it!?  Course the D3 can focus in darkness...literally it's focused on brighter single stars hand held...and it's C-AF laughs at cars, motor cycles, and anything else moving.

It'll also focus the 300f4 with a 2X teleconverter in the middle...something Nikon says it shouldn't be able to do...works on Hummingbirds...quite remarkable actually...the Oly's I've had always struggled with Hummingbirds.

Oh well, hopefully I'll have some time tomorrow and will pass along "informal" testing and my thoughts.

Dan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow