bofo777
Contributing MemberPosts: 591Gear list
Like?
Re: Tried it....
In reply to WhyNot, Sep 12, 2013

WhyNot wrote:

bofo777 wrote:

WhyNot wrote:

You're right, I did miss that video and the E-M1 in this video certainly focuses the 50mm lens much better than the G2. Now if the 105mm lens focuses that well I may have to start thinking about explaining this expense to my wife who will want a new ?????????? Well it may be worth considering... but I'll wait until members of this forum start reporting their experiences with the camera.

I started shooting with my E-5 and 50mm macro at same time as the guy or gal on video was shooting between 2 cards (mine seemed further apart) and I made 12 clear shots vs 9 on the video...Hence the E-5 is way faster with this lens...try it yourself and confirm what I got....John

I tried it against the E-520 with the 50mm and it seems to be in the same ball park .... not easy to compare against a video. The E-30 and probably the E-5 (which I don't have) are both quicker but the 50mm, as you know, has it's idiosyncrasies when focusing and doesn't always choose to go right to the focus point (at least in my experience) and requires patience. Pre-focused, in use and not test, it performs somewhat better... If I could get E-520 focusing speed and some accuracy with the 50 and 105mm lenses then I would consider the E-M1.... However, for the moment and the month my wallet stays right where it is, as I listen to everyone on this forum..

WhyNot.. how many shots did it take you...to me there was a definitely a difference when shooting with E-5 vs the video's EM-1 (and looked like video was shot in real time)....The idiosyncrasies of the 50mm at least with my E-5 sometimes but rarely happen when you go back and forth from infinity to closeup but almost never between two objects that are closer together as in the video...John

bofo777's gear list:bofo777's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow