Started Sep 12, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Red5TX
Senior MemberPosts: 1,586
Like?
X-E1 and E-M1
Sep 12, 2013

The new Olympus E-M1 looks like an exceptional camera. Deep feature set. Incredible build. Gorgeous EVF. Lightning fast autofocus. On every specification except sensor size and lens quality, the E-M1 seems to have Fuji licked, beaten, and stuffed in a corner. (51-image raw buffer! Insane!)

And yet... it is a testament to the X-E1 (and the rest of the X-Series) that I don't feel more moved by the shiny new Olympus. I am just so very happy with the output from my X-E1. The latest firmware updates have made the camera sufficiently responsive and autofocus sufficiently quick. And the glass... it really is the heart of any system, isn't it?

So kudos, Fuji. You've made a keeper. But I hope Olympus's serious new camera will keep Fuji's engineers up at night. The X-Pro 2 and X-E2 must rise above their predecessors. Autofocus, EVF, flash sync, customization, bracketing, shooting speed, image buffer... all of these things need to be honed if the X-Series is going to stay competitive.

No matter which system you shoot, competition is a wonderful thing. It is a very good time to be a photographer.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow