Its official. Oly AF sucks!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
alatchin
Contributing MemberPosts: 759Gear list
Like?
actually their cdaf system is state of the art.
In reply to Big Ga, 10 months ago

ROTFLM... well you know the rest ...

In the original DPR hands on review of the EM1, they wrote:

"The way see it is this: if you're a Four Thirds lens owner and hoping for contemporary DSLR performance, you're going to be disappointed"

Which promptly got jumped on as a number of other sites seemed to be suggesting it was ballpark the same as normal Oly 4/3 cameras.

Well, DPR have gone and revisited this, and have posted an update:

"UPDATE:

Having gone back and spent some more time with an Olympus E-5, I'm inclined to be more positive about the E-M1's behaviour with Four Thirds lenses - not because it's better than I originally stated, but because the E-5 isn't as good as I'd previously thought"

See ... that's what happens when you spend too time reviewing things like D4 and 1DX cameras (or perhaps even any modern mid range APSc camera?).. one tends to forget... totally understandable.

Now ... for everyone on 1022. Put 2 and 2 together. I'll give you a clue. The answer isn't 5 ... LOL ....

But you can keep focusing on what you want to see.
--
“You don’t take a photograph, you make it.” -Ansel Adams
blog.alatchinphotography(dot)com

alatchin's gear list:alatchin's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus PEN E-P2 Olympus PEN E-PL2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 +20 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow