anyone else deeply disturbed by this example from Sony?

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
JoePhoto
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,819
Like?
Re: anyone else deeply disturbed by this example from Sony?
In reply to bigwigthebig, 11 months ago

I personally LIKE IT !!!

Her eyes in the first actually look slightly "closed", which is NOT UNUSUAL for many people.

So while this may look slightly exagerated, it is also more noticeable side-by-side.

HOWEVER ... the single BIGGEST thing you can do to make a photo look better to many people is to REVERSE it, (left to right), to a MIRROR image.

The fact is that everyone looks different from one-side of their face to the other, and everyone has only seen themselves in a MIRROR.

When they see a "photo" of themselves, they are essentially seeing a "stranger" that they have never seen before.

So if you temporary invert the image, to match what they are used to seeing, they cannot say .... "Ah, it just doesn't look like me".

When I owned a photo-lab and studio, I used to turn the clients negatives up-side down when printing their proofs.

After they selected the one they liked best, I explained what I had done, and then of course printed the final photos correctly, (for everyone else to see).

When I did wedding albums, I always took a couple of photos of the bride in the mirror, (combing hair, and putting on makeup/lipstick, and THOSE photos were always the FIRST in the album for the bride to see "first" before any others.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for reading .... JoePhoto
( Do You Ever STOP to THINK --- and FORGET to START Again ??? )

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow