Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Colin Smith1
Regular MemberPosts: 472Gear list
Like?
New Olympus Micro 4/3 has Me Thinking of Switching
10 months ago

I love my Canon full frames and lenses, but at the age of 66 hauling that heavy gear around and trying to handhold really strains my bad back.  I was previously  tempted by the Olympus OM 5D but not the focus tracking quality for wildlife, particularly BIF, and that is my first love.  Now along comes the OM 1D with phase detect AF for tracking and improved high ISO. Check out the first impressions in the Review section of DPREVIEW. It is a little bigger than the OM 5D, but significantly smaller than my 6D and 5D III.  I can't help but wonder if the future of DSLRs will be in mirrorless cameras with EVF. or if this is just a fad?  Those Olympus micro 4/3 lenses are so small and light.  Please help me I'm falling!!!  Seriously, what's your opinion?

-- hide signature --

Colin Smith

Colin Smith1's gear list:Colin Smith1's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM +3 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow