Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 13,061
Like?
Re: LX7 vs XZ-1 vs G15
In reply to clearzoom, 11 months ago

clearzoom wrote:

thks for comments so far

During Mid- sunny day or any just bright sunlight, is it possible to survive w/ LCD or need EVF around that time?

Clearzoom,

I actually use smaller, more "pocketable" cameras - ZS19 & ZS25, but I see two themes here that might be worth considering. I got an LX7 but never really used it.

First, particularly in a pocket, place the camera in a loose plastic bag to keep dust and pocket lint out. Not a zipper lock bag - too time consuming and can seal in moisture.

Second - that "EVF" thing - if the camera fits in a pocket without it, it sure will not fit with it - the EVF in addition to being expensive, makes the camera a real humpback!

Fro all the same reasons one might want an EVF on one of these cameras, I use a "Clearviewer" on my cameras: makes the screen into a huge "virtual EVF', and since one's hands are there when using it with the camera right up to one's eye, glare on the screen is easily prevented.

It attaches to the tripod socket, and folds down, only adding 1/4" to the camera's thickness:

Two things worth considering.

-- hide signature --

"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow