Photographer faces law suit

Started Aug 23, 2013 | Discussions thread
jonrobertp
Forum ProPosts: 10,942Gear list
Like?
Re: Clever Business
In reply to drj3, Sep 11, 2013

drj3 wrote:

A savvy person who does not want a piece of business, for whatever reason, will simply quote a high price, insist on 100% advance payment, claim that schedule does not permit, or concoct some counter-claim that the client had a bad credit rating or history of threats and litigious behavior.

On the other hand, the plaintiff may be guilty of discrimination against the mainy GLT photographers in the area turned down for the business without due reason or bid kiss-off.

If you are charged with discrimination, then you are going to be required to prove that your fees are like those you charged others, that you required others to give 100% advance payment or that you had specific things scheduled prior to the request. If you run a business for the public in NM, then you can not refuse to serve people based on sexual orientation any more than a restaurant or business can refuse to serve a person on the basis of race or ethnic group.

However, I cannot image why a gay couple would want photographers who were biased since I don't know how they could ever be satisfied with the results....

This last sentence if baffling .  I get your comment...but why "they" would want to proceed...hard to figure indeed.  (unless they are bent on a lawsuit...etc. )

-- hide signature --

drj3

jonrobertp's gear list:jonrobertp's gear list
Sony RX100 G1 X II Canon EOS 70D
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow