ALL DSLR's- will soon be as dead as the Dodo bird

Started Aug 25, 2013 | Discussions thread
kuaimen
Regular MemberPosts: 306
Like?
Re: ALL DSLR's- will soon be as dead as the Dodo bird
In reply to Husaberg Grok, Sep 11, 2013

So OVF was a huge thing just a couple of weeks ago, but now nobody talks about EM1's EVF? Is it any good? Does it make picture taking easier or more difficult?

I mean, if EVF is not talked about, does that mean it's as good as E5's OVF? Maybe it's better than OVF but then people would talk about it a lot, no?

So, after all, how's the EM1's EVF?

Husaberg Grok wrote:

Midwest wrote:

Husaberg Grok wrote:

Midwest wrote:

kuaimen wrote:

Midwest wrote:

kuaimen wrote:

field of view. This viewfinder achieves high-speed response, and a display time lag of approximately 0.032 seconds." 0.032 seconds is a very short time. Maybe not yet short enough for eagle-eyed folks, but pretty darn short.

My crystal ball says that the EVF will rule. Soon, like in a few short years at the most. That said, a 35mmff "DSLR" with EVF will still be a every-bit very capable camera. Losing the OVF will not likely to make its image quality suffer. Furthermore, Losing the mirror and the OVF will reduce space requirement, weight and yeah, cost. Oh no mirror shake and no annoying slapping noise, too. How could it be a bad thing?

OVF vs EVF is exactly like CRT vs LCD vs LED. After so many wonderful years, CRT days ended abruptly in the past few years, literally in front of our very own eyes, and LED gets better and better, and better still, cheaper, everyday.

Technology does wonders. Never "misunderestimate" the power of technology advancement.

When do you plan to replace your windows with outdoor cameras and big LCD screens by which to view outside your home? The same - no, better arguments can be made for doing that as for replacing the OVF. Who needs reality?

Interesting. Our ancestors did much better than us with our glass windows, if we follow your line of reasoning. They had holes in the walls, and one cannot get any closer to nature than that using any way, form, shape of a window. Does anyone have holes in his/her walls as windows?

Invalid. Windows do not significantly alter or mess with the view outside. An EVF replaces it altogether with some ersatz re- creation.

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice. (sarcasm)

windows = security and insulation issues and are fragile. peeping toms like them also

So you are replacing all your windows with video / LCD screens, correct?

-- hide signature --

Must....Think.....of something......Clever........

-- hide signature --

It's nice to say that nice pictures are nice. (sarcasm)

I do have a camera by the door.

The flippy mirror and prism arrangement was an awesome, hi-tech solution in a time when monitors were the stuff of science fiction and futuristic fantasy. Time marches on though, the changes and advancements are all around us. The implementation of a superior electric monitor that directly utilizes the cmos/ccd output is utterly inevitable. The sensor is already there and the quality monitor/EVF technology is almost upon us. We're not talking about the abandonment of the various formats out there. We are talking about advancement of design and advancement in utility and manufacturability.

The naysayers are defending an intrinsically fragile mechanism that only gives you a decent approximation of what the image sensor will produce. I have had many SLR's and DSLR's and the mirror mechanism is where I have experienced the most problems.

I say good riddance to it.

-- hide signature --

Must....Think.....of something......Clever........

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
lawlNew
Huh?New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow