E-M1 - my take

Started Sep 11, 2013 | Discussions thread
Franka T.L.
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,480Gear list
Like?
Wondering ...
In reply to Doug Brown, Sep 11, 2013

Well, for the most part I do agree, this is indeed the best Oly had to provide so far, but M4/3 is not Oly alone, and am looking at GX-7 and in particular GH-3 and I must say. Oly need to address their price and feature set matrix a bit better. No less the Video part. The E-M1 acttually was not that great a Video platform, not the least its price reflect.

I wonder how the sensor perform , against the older 16MP and against the like of GH-3 and GX-7 ( both still and video ) and so far as all the news indicate, there is marginal difference between them but I say Its too early to tell. One thing though, the GH-3 will simply trump both its sibling and the Oly in Video capability, and its current price is a real positive bonus. No less also its just as well build.

Between them all, the GH-3, the GX-7 and the E-M1 I think that represent the best of the breed in and among the M4/3, but sadly I think it need a real GX-1 replacement in similar size and form factor too, might be even a tag slimmer.

I am sure many are wondering how well the MMF-3 +E-M1 actually work Af with 4/3 lens. But this individual think its secondary to it all. Cause for real, only those who are already in procession of the top end 4/3 lens can benefit and this population is relatively small and declining. And I would instead look to see how Panny and Oly fulfill M4/3 by providing lens that perform just as well ( speed, optics and AF ) that are native M4/3 instead.

-- hide signature --

- Franka -

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow