Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
boggis the cat
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,284Gear list
Like?
WiFi eats battery power
In reply to Darrell500, 10 months ago

Darrell500 wrote:

Doug Brown wrote:

I too have used it hands on and the E-M1 is as fast as an E5, or so close to as fast as an E5 that the difference isn't worth talking about.
DPR are out to lunch with that 'live view' comment. The E-M1 is much, much better than any live view DSLR I've ever used. Far better than any Olympus camera you may have used in live view. There just isn't any comparison.

I was using it with the 4/3's 14-35mm f2 lens in dim lighting indoors. This is a lens that has a reputation for twitchy AF performance and I found I couldn't make it miss. Dark shadows, reflective surfaces, close to distant, distant to close, it just did the job.

Thanks Doug I've had a day to cool down a little now, if there is one thing that would get me to buy a couple EM-1's it's fast focusing of the 14-35.

One big concern I have now is the camera only having one memory slot. I was wondering that with the new wifi ability, can you instantly transfer on the fly to your IPad or Android tablet, this could give you a second storage of your files in case of memory card failure?

While that could work, it would kill your battery life.

No free lunch. 

I have never had card issues, so I am not too concerned about the single slot.  I had an SD card in the E-5 for a while but it was never used so I took it out.

Capacity isn't really an issue now.  Olympus' weak video options aren't really going to eat into capacity too much, either -- so there's the silver lining in that cloud. 

boggis the cat's gear list:boggis the cat's gear list
Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow