Two FZ200 Questions

Started Sep 10, 2013 | Questions thread
PC Wheeler
Forum ProPosts: 13,993Gear list
Like?
Re: Two FZ200 Questions
In reply to GeraldW, Sep 11, 2013

GeraldW wrote:

Glad you went back to the FZ200. I did much the same thing. Be very careful with the hood. The ones on my FZ200's were VERY stiff to mount or dismount and I'm pretty sure that mounting and/or dismounting with the lens extended screwed up my first one. I fixed that with the current one by filing and sanding down the locking lugs until I had a positve lock; but with very little torque required to seat and unseat. In the meantime, don't mount/dismount, store/unstore the hood with the camera ON, unless yours needs low torque - some apparently do; but mine didn't. The FZ150 was perfect right out of the box, and served as my model for the feel on wanted on the 200.

Ditto, Jerry. My FZ150 was a better fit. Both FZ200s were stiff. But I never remove the hood, well have not as yet. The two bags I use hold the camera with hood in shooting position, just. Hmm .. I do plan to order a 52 mm Canon 500D close up lens. Installing that will require the mod you did,, so I may be back with another question if I can't dope out how to do the mod.

I swear my current one acts differently than the early one I had. I'd be very interested to see how you think your two compare.

Acts differently: In what way? I'm not seeing any diffs, but then I didn't recall about the size of the focus area resetting so ... . I'm at the age where too many brain cells are going bye-bye

-- hide signature --

Phil

PC Wheeler's gear list:PC Wheeler's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot G15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow