Started Sep 10, 2013 | Questions thread
PC Wheeler
Forum ProPosts: 13,911Gear list
Like?
Re: Two FZ200 Questions
In reply to cainn24, Sep 10, 2013

cainn24 wrote:

PC Wheeler wrote:

Oh Drat re the AF area size. Looks like it can easily be resized by hitting left rocker button and moving the dial. Hmm .. wonder if it can be stored in C1 or C2? I'll give that a look.

That doesn't work either, as you've probably discovered yourself by now.

Yup, I did. However, I found a quicker (for me) way to change the size: Tap the Focus button on the lens, move the dial, and then re-tap that button. Using the rocker button is less certain with all the other things to hit in that area. Anyway, I'll try shooting with the default area for a while (probably did that with FZ200 #1); perhaps it focuses faster that way..

I re-bought the FZ200 because having 25-600 mm of really good IQ with an f/2.8 is so much more convenient than hauling my GH3, 100-300 and at least one other lens. So far I'm quite pleased with this new FZ200, IQ-wise and otherwise

My LF1 saves the size and position automatically, and now that I am getting used to a camera that does, the absence of this simple feature on the FZ200 is even more irritating.

Yes, I'm sure my lowly TZ5 of long ago saved the size and position, too. Surprising they didn't get it right with the FZ200.

Here's hoping this gets fixed with a firmware update some time soon.

Hoping but with limited expectation

-- hide signature --

Phil

PC Wheeler's gear list:PC Wheeler's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Canon PowerShot G15 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow