Started Sep 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cutlinejoe
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
gamble on a refurb'd d600 and I slipped in oil
Sep 10, 2013

I had done my research (thanks to this site) and knew of the oil/dust issue with the d600 but everyone who was getting a refurb seemed to not be complaining as much. I rolled the dice on one...and lost. The shutter count was just south of 2000 when I received the sealed manufacturer refurb. I shot a bunch of different subjects with it and didn't really notice any spots, but I must have not been looking closely enough. I made sure I had a clean lens and went out an shot some f/22 of a gray sky. As soon as I imported the images the spots were staring me down.

Now I am left with a choice, return this body in the hopes there really is a d610 on the horizon in the very near future or try to get Nikon to give it a clean and see what happens. I guess option #3 is to just return this one for another refurb...

Background is I was a full time photog for a bunch of years and closed my business about 10 years ago to settle down a bit. I am getting back into it as a side gig now and didn't want to drop a ton of money (d800) on a side gig that wasn't paying for itself yet.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow