Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rubicon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,630Gear list
Like?
I helg a SL1 today.
11 months ago

I'm a longtime Nikon user[25yrs.plus] but instead of wanting a bigger body[I own a D700] with grip, and I love it but! I would like a small lightweight DSLR, for everyday currently using a D90, no problems but I'd like to put together a small package, camera, and maybe 2 or 3, lenses most and a small flash.

I don't go out early anymore[67] i don't stay to late I like my bedtime, I generally shoot just to please myself, and post on flickr[palmerb16] me and friends we "roam" backroads shooting barns and farms and farm animals flowers, anything unique not so much"speedy" D700 w/ grip handles speed, but I'm not sold on a mirror less system, but ever since the SL1 was introduced I have been interested, so today at "best buy" I held one with kit 18 55, I really liked it, so i thought I'd ask you regular Canon shooters about it and whats a good selection of lenses, my lens thoughts go to the 15 85, 1855, 55 250 18 135, which of these lenses do you think would provide good range, color and accurate  focus?

Like I said body and maybe 2 to three lenses max.Of course I'd like on the other hand that EOS 1Dx, I think thats the name, anyway the "big boy"

Thanks for your responses.

Rubicon:

rubicon's gear list:rubicon's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF DX Fisheye-Nikkor 10.5mm f/2.8G ED +6 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow