Which camera can track moving kids in LV best; SLT's, new E-M1, or new 70D?

Started Sep 10, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
sdribetahi
Contributing MemberPosts: 819
Like?
Which camera can track moving kids in LV best; SLT's, new E-M1, or new 70D?
Sep 10, 2013

I am strictly talking about still photo's in live view, no viewfinder, no video.

I was excited about the Canon 70d at first, then the Camera Labs review said it fails with close movements any faster than a wedding march. Hmmm. Then I just watched a preview of the Olympus EM-1 From Chris at the Camera Store. He said it tracks distant movement well, but wider angle and closer in, you'll be disappointed. Hmmm. I haven't really looked to far into the Sony's, but the Camera Labs review said the slt's are still your best bet. Is this the case, or are there just no camera's out there at this time that can track fast,erratic movement, quick expressions, turning heads, and all the other things you find trying to capture children in action through a viewfinder?

Oh, I did not include the Nikon mirrorless because this has to cover a variety of lighting situations, not just good lighting. I've seen they work great in nice light, but hunt miserably in low light.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow