Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
OM User
Regular MemberPosts: 256Gear list
Like?
Re: Thank you DPR .
In reply to citizenlouie, 7 months ago

citizenlouie wrote:

CollBaxter wrote:

...yep I see it as a replacement for the E-620 with short lenses for carry around or very static shooting.

Exactly my thought.... It's what Olympus is trying to recapture the E-620 crowd, which is the largest 4/3 user group. And if I like E-M1 after handle it, it might buy it to replace E-620, but it's not an E-5 replacement, as I have said before. It's going to the right direction certainly, but not quite there yet....

For some it will be a viable alternative. For those with E-xxx or E-xx it will likely be a significant improvement and this will be a lot of people. For the E-5/E-3 users it will probably depend on how and where you use your camera. But you don't have to jump yet and there will obviously be improvements in the next couple of years. The really  important thing is that at last Olympus have spoken as to what the future will be and that is what you should base your decisons on.

OM User's gear list:OM User's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow