Started Sep 10, 2013 | Discussions thread
herebefore
Senior MemberPosts: 3,289
Like?
Re: Reinhard Wagner on Oly-e dot conclusion
In reply to dingenus, Sep 10, 2013

dingenus wrote:

Larry, no panic,

Just read on Oly-e dot de in German a answer from Reinhard Wagner on his forum about this. Here in my translation;

I've tried it with the 150, and the 35-100 and Bigma. And in direct comparison to my e-5 the AF of the E-M1 is more accurate, the C-AF outclasses the E-5 and the normal S-AF, it all depends where the (actual focus) setting of the lens is , which of the two cameras is faster. Overall, the S-AF is also a kick faster than in the E-5th.

All of this can be true and it doesnt do a thing about EVF lag.

There will be lag in an EVF simply because you cant get electrons to move through a circuit faster than the speed of light!

Since the viewer cant show you what is happening RIGHT! NOW! some forms of action photography are darn near impossible.

Im not talking "shutter lag" Im talking "viewer lag".

Lag in the EVF needs to be miniscule, and constant, NOT varying with the light level. So far this has not been accomplished with an EVF.

"Spray and pray" will work "sometimes" and not work other times. Results are too variable to be counted on.

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
Be Careful, sleep can be a symptom of caffeine deprivation
I figured out why I cant lose weight! The only exercise Im good at is CHEWING
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does
In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
Oscar Wilde

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow